Photo workshop

Hello all,

I have received permission from the webmaster to post this.

On November 19 (a Friday) I will be holding a photo workshop.  This workshop will be held at The Wild Bird Center in Layton.  This workshop is specifically aimed at only digital cameras, and will discuss the main differences between a point and shoot, all-in-one digicam (ones that have more powerful optics but no interchangeable lenses), and the dslr in relation to nature photography and avian photography in particular.  Reasons to get one over the other will be addressed as well.  Please RSVP to 525-8400 (Wild Bird Center) so that adequate seating may be provided.  There is no charge for this workshop.  It will last approximately one to one and half hours.

Since Christmas is just around the corner, I approached Bill Fenimore about doing this as a service to our many birding friends.  Bill receives nothing for it, and neither do I.  His space is just very convenient to hold it in, and he is nice enough to do so of which I appreciate.  Some of you have attended my workshops in the past and as usual, this will focus (no pun intended) on the latest and greatest, and the upcoming cameras.  Please note that photography technique will not be addressed specifically for this workshop.  But if you are thinking of buying that special someone a camera for Christmas, I believe you will find this useful.

Regards,

Brian L. Currie