This is ridiculous

Honestly.  Let us be real for two seconds, this is absolutely ridiculous.  I
have tried my hardest to be nothing but respectful of everyones views and
thoughts.  I have never went out of my way to anger anyone on this listserve,
and have always tiried to be mindful of peoples beliefs. Now I have been
attacked by two people who don't even know me or know anything about me.
Accusing me of "threatening" and calling me "insecure".  I have been
birdwatching for 9 years and I stayed away form the webmail and rare bird
alerts for a long time because the fact that I was brought up hunting.  Now for
those of you who don't know me and are "quick to judge", let me have my two
cents heard.

I started birdwatching 2 years after I began hunting, and only became interested
in birdwatching because of that hunting.  Up till the end of high school I did
both, and part of it was how I was brought up, I was introduced to hunting, and
it was what my family did.  When I left Utah and got into birding more and more
I distanced myself from hunting.  Now in my last semester as a college student
I don't hunt any type of bird any longer.  THis is a personal choice that I
made, and not because I think hunting is worng, but because I would much rather
look at the birds than shoot them.  I do however do support all sides and
believe that hunters have the same right to be there as bird watchers. This
obviously makes me a terrible member of the birding comunity and makes me "not
respectable".  Except for the fact that I have never stepped on the toes  of
any other persons beliefs or views, I have asked why, and given my opinion, but
instead of being excepted I have been attacked.  No matter what I say, I AM
WRONG.  Obviously, what would a 22 year old "kid" know about anything.  Well
for the fact that my father has taught me everything I know, and I have him to
thank for being where I am and having the oppurtuniteis I have had to hunt and
bird, and become the person I am.

I don't need to sit here and point out other peoples flaws, because, WE ARE ALL
HUMAN.  It is not my job to publically denounce anyone and tell people what or
what not to believe, and this is absolutely ridiculous.

TO THINK THIS WHOLE THING STARTED BECAUSE IO TRIED TO "HELPFULLY" LET THE WHOLE
LISTSERVE KNOW WHAT WAS ACCEPTABLE TO POST.  AND BECAUSE OF THAT THIS HAS
TURNED INTO A HUNTING/ANTIHUNTING TALK.  I NEVER INTENDED OR ASKED TO BE PART
OF THAT CONVERSATION THIS GO AROUND, AND I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS APPROCAHED
ANGRILY, FOR MY EMAIL WHICH WAS MERELY TO HELP LET KNOW WHAT WAS ACCEPTABLE FOR
BIRDTALK.  IF YOU DIDNT READ THAT EMAIL IT IS AT THE FOLLOWING LINK:

http://www.utahbirds.org/listarchives/birdtalk/msg01379.html

Now I said I was done with this yesterday, I shouldn't have to defendt myself
over and over and over, especially over this.

Thank You and GOOD BIRDING.  (that is what this if for BIRDING)

Tim Avery

Salt Lake City, UT or Beloit, WI
http://www.timaverybirding.com