Brant and Blue Jay

The Great Salt Lake Audubon trekked around the BRMBR this morning.  Several Red-breasted Mergansers were seen, a couple of Long-billed Curlews, thousands of Tundra Swans, a few Canada Geese and several Harriers.  The Brant was not seen.  Rumor has it that it was harvested in the last few days.  I don't think it is legal to take Brant in Utah, but some hunters see a water bird that is bigger than a duck with a long black neck = goose, so -- BLAM.  A small flock of Cattle Egrets was on the north leg of the tour loop.

Elaine Wonsavage and I looked for the Blue Jays that were reported by Pat Hansen in Brigham City without success; but we did see one at 211 S. Main in Clarkston, hanging around the bird feeders at that address.

--Steve Carr