[no subject]

I read the email posts nearly every day and enjoy learning of unusual
sightings and the activity of many active birders.  This is the first
occasion I have had to post something noteworthy.  This evening (October 11,
2004) I arrived home (Quail Valley Estates - 1850 South on River Road in St.
George, Utah) at approximately 6:00 PM to find the neighborhood filled with
doves.  It was a mixed flock of Eurasian Collard-doves and White-winged
Doves.  Both species are known to exist in small numbers in the area, but
this flock spent the night in a large Mondale Pine across the street from my
home.  I counted at least 4 White-winged doves and approximately 45 Eurasian
Collard-doves.  I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

M. Topham