white ibis

Went down to River Road this morning to see if I could find the yellow
throated warbler.  No luck on that score, but I did find a life bird!
As I was headed west from I-15, I saw a large flock of ibis circling
around to the north.  Stopped to take a look and noticed a white one
amongst all the blacks.  It had a pink bill and black tips on the wings.

Later on River Road, I asked Jack Binch if it might have been possible
that I had seen a white ibis.  We agreed that it was probably quite
doubtful.  On my way back to the interstate at about noon, however,
the ibis were grazing in the field just across SR-77 from the road to
the airport.  The white ibis was there with them, and from that vantage
point we could see the pink legs as well.

I expect that Jack will post some photos later, but thought I'd get the
word out right away.  Kent Lewis was also there to enjoy this unusual
sighting.

Dave Hanscom