Good birds at Garr Ranch

This morning (Wednesday) I saw Cassin's Vireo, Northern Waterthrush, Townsend's Warbler, and Virginia Rail, amongst the usual "other" birds. The Vireo and Waterthrush were lifers for me :-) I might have seen a Cassin's in years past and not paid attention to it, back when they were all Solitary Vireos.

I didn't see any really interesting birds on the causeway; i.e., no good plovers or sandpipers.

I guess it's off to River Lane tomorrow morning for a 2nd search for the Yellow-throated Warbler. Ain't retirement great? :-)

Jim Bailey
2032 Ribbon Lane
Holladay, UT 84117
(801) 274-8034

A  hobby must be in a large degree useless, inefficient, laborious or
irrelevant -Aldo Leopold