Re: Bird Droppings

Marvis,

We have a book we got from the WildBird Center in Layton called Bird Tracks & Sign:  A guide to North American Species by Mark Elbroch with Eleanor Marks.  It has a section called droppings.

Judging from your description and the photos (yup) in the book, those droppings may have been mourning doves.  They are round, the size you mentioned, black on bottom and curled up edges with white on top.  The book says they are easy to recognize, so there must not too many birds with droppings like that?

Do you have mourning doves around there?

Sherry