[no subject]

On the note of Canyon Wren, the body shape and color are not the same.  A Canyon
Wren is a deep brown - rufous, and this bird is still very light.  Plus the
typical posture of a Canyon Wren is tilted forward, not standing straight up.
Also on the Grass in the picture, we don't know how long the grass is, this is
a golfcourse, is the bird on a green, is it on the short grass fo the fairway?
These are all problems involved with photos of birds, as many know from my
quizzes which can often times be misleading.  On coloration, I can post some
pictures of Juvenile rock wrens taken this summer in Wyoming, and these brirds
were more so rufous than any I had seen before.  But again, general variations
in bird color do occur within a species, and in this case teh color really
isn't that far off of what most Rock wrens look like.  In resposnse to barring
on the wings and tail, this bird looks to have the same pattern as any Rock
Wren I have ever seen, especially form what we see in the picture.    Something
I hadn't noticed before, if we look at the undertail coverts on this bird,
there is a slight bar, and may be 2 more going along the side, which would
again point to the Wren Family

Thats all folks.

Tim

Salt Lake City, UT or Beloit, WI