SL County: Snowy Plover, LB Dowitchers

Colby Neuman and I did the Salt Lake Shore Bird Loop again today.  At Lee Kay
Ponds there were 4 Great-tailed Grackles today, several Snowy Egrets, a Common
Raven and all the norms.

At Saltair we were pleased to see a flock of Long-billed Dowitchers, the first
of the fall migration, and also a single Snowy Plover.  Both these species were
on the north side of the road towards the lake, between the Marina and the
Saltair building.  Also in this same area was a Sage Thrasher,a new county bird
for both of us, and I can't think of any other spots in the valley where there
is a good spot to see one.

At Warm Springs were again teh usuals, with many Avocets and Franklin's Gulls.
Also present were I believe 11 Lesser Yellowlegs and 7? Greater Yellowlegs.

Still no peeps :( but they should be showing up any day now!!!

Good Birding.

Tim

Salt Lake City, UT or Beloit, WI
http://www.timaverybirding.com