Three-toed Woopecker at Twinlakes

I ran into the salt lake birder group at brighton today. I got there late because I was watching the tour.  After spending some time with the goshawks and other birders I head up to Lake Solitude then to Twin Lakes as I started the descent down to Twin Lakes I saw a female Three-toed Woodpecker in the dead spruces. Then it went down hill towards the lakes and I lost her.  While looking for the woodpecker I heard this weird call and I could not find the bird making it in the trees.  When I looked down there was the female Blue Grouse about 5ft away from me. I could not get a picture because I had the wrong lens on and was too close to it.

Good Birding

Thanks to all the birders that helped me today

Ed

Do you Yahoo!?