Lens advice and a test

Dear group,

This email is two fold.  First, it is a test.  Since none of my posts have
gone through to the group, I resubscribed with a different email address.
. .Hopefully this will work.

Second, I am wanting to get another lens for my Cannon Rebel (SLR), that
would be suitable for bird photography.  Because I am a student on a very
limited budget, cost is a consideration.  I want to find the best lens for
the money.  Any recommendations?  I have been looking at telephoto lenses
by Sigma and by Quantaray.  Is a macro lens better than a telephoto lens?

Anyhow, thanks in advance, and I hope this works!

Casey Lance