FW: Eurasian Collared Dove/Nighthawk

Birdnet Email -- from the website.

----Original Message Follows----
It was submitted by Casey Lance.

Subject: Eurasian Collared Dove/Nighthawk

Email_Address: caseylance@byu.edu

Message: In Duchesne, Utah, there is a pair of Eurasian Collared Doves, living somewhere near Indian Canyon Highway and 300 South. They are very easy to find, and I see them often. They are almost always on the power lines. They have been there for some time, and the most recent sighting I have was on June 27. I am 100% certain of this identification, as they display the standard characteristics of the species, including mousy colored feathers, with the standard collar on the neck.

This location in duchesne is also an excellent place to spot Common Nighthawks. Around dusk on June 27th, I spotted at least 8 or 9 of them flying above the neighborhood. I am not sure where they nest, but assume it is on the nearby hill. To spot them from this location, look toward the south, toward the hills. They are very easy to find, as there are so many of them that come out.

Thanks

Casey Lance