ospreys at Glover Ponds

This morning at 8:30am, I was surprised, but delighted to see two osprey on
the artificial "Heron Rookery" that was built by the ponds on Glover Lane a
few years ago. One was on the far right pole eating a carp. The other was
walking around on one of the abandoned Heron nests breaking off trigs and
rearranging them. This activity seemed  kind of half-hearted, and this bird
soon took off  to do a little fishing in the ponds.

The lighting was just wonderful at that time this morning. It also gave me
good views of the white faces on the Ibis that were feeding on the shore.

Glover Ln is the road you take to reach Farmington Bay. (exit 325 from I-15;
right turn onto Frontage Rd; right again onto Glover Ln which goes over
I-15) Just drive past the FB entrance to where road dead ends. Many birds
are often visible close by there.
Deedee