Logan Canyon birding

An update from Cache Valley.

I went backpacking this past weekend into the Wood Camp Hollow area and then on to the Mt. Naomi Wilderness. All sorts of birds all around the beautiful green mountains, with wildflowers starting to take off.
Saturday morning started off with a Moose huffing and puffing around my tent until it spooked when I unzipped my tent to find a tree to climb, just in case. Both Friday and Saturday night I went to sleep with the Northern Saw-Whet Owls hooting their monotonous whistle back and forth to each other. I also could hear the Ruffed Grouse beating the air with their wings during the night.
Some of the species of note were a Red-tailed Hawk, Red-naped Sapsucker, Mountain Chickadee, Hammonds Flycatcher, Warbling Vireo, Chipping Sparrow, MacGillivray's Warbler, Blue Grouse, Ruffed Grouse, Red-Breasted Nuthatch, Brown Creeper, Green-Tailed Towhee and a Townsends Solitaire.

Wood Camp trail is a great day hike and a very beautiful and birdy place to check out.

Stephen Peterson
_______________________________________________ "Utah Birds" web site: http://www.utahbirds.org BirdTalk: To subscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-subscribe@utahbirds.org To unsubscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-unsubscribe@utahbirds.org To send a message, e-mail: birdtalk@utahbirds.org _________________________________________________