Birding Blacksmith Fork canyon in Cache Valley

Thought I would share with you all what I saw during my Memorial day weekend.
I camped at my Grandpas place, up Blacksmith Fork, which is east of Hyrum in Cache Valley.

Numerous Yellow Warblers
Warbling Vireo
American Dippers
Hermit Thrush
Orange-crowned Warbler
Black-throated Gray Warbler
American Kestrel
American White Pelican
Barn Swallows
Violet-green Swallows
Western Tanagers
Broad-tailed Hummingbirds
Yellow-rumped Warblers
Song Sparrows
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Fox Sparrow
Blue Grouse
and a Winter Wren, which I hiked and bushwhacked for into a gulley and up along the thickets by the moss-covered rocks.

I am still learning bird songs and was wondering what bird would be singing all through the night. The birds never stopped singing from the time I hit the sack around 1030 pm until the time I got up at 530 am. Could it have been the Warbling Vireos??
Anyone know?

Blacksmith Fork canyon is very beautiful right now. Very green and the wildflowers are starting to come out. A very birdy place to go camping. Most of the canyon is private property, but there is a forest service campground up there called Pioneer campground. I would highly recommend trying it out.

Stephen Peterson
Logan, UT
_______________________________________________ "Utah Birds" web site: http://www.utahbirds.org BirdTalk: To subscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-subscribe@utahbirds.org To unsubscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-unsubscribe@utahbirds.org To send a message, e-mail: birdtalk@utahbirds.org _________________________________________________