albino coot

Those of you visiting Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge this weekend may be interested in an albino coot I found there today.  The coot was in the canal along the tour loop.  I have seen partial albino coots before but this one was almost all white!

If you take the tour loop west from the parking area it was about 1/2 mile from the large metal building (if you have a GPS unit the coordinates are - 41 29.068 N; 112 18.127W).  I didn't have a camera so if anyone sees it I would love a copy of any photo!

Cheers
JFC

John F. Cavitt PhD
Dept. of Zoology
Weber State University
2505 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-2505

(801) 626-6172
FAX: (801) 626-7445
homepage: http://faculty.weber.edu/jcavitt

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and
beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise."

Aldo Leopold