More Great Festival Sightings

Another bird festival group found great birds today in Weber County.  Keith Evans led a trip to the North Arm Wildlife Viewing Area at Pineview Reservoir and to Perception Park NFS campground east of Huntsville on UT 39.  We covered several diverse habitats and were rewarded with 64 fabulous species.  The highlights were at the North Arm with the male Calliope Hummingbird still on territory and giving all observers good views (reply for directions), two Lewis's Woodpeckers spotted by eagle-eye Bob Huntington, and Yellow-breasted Chats.  We believe three chats were present.  The chat we saw sang and sang and sang from a dead tree and we actually left before the chat did.  Later, we heard two dueling chats in a different part of the preserve.

Kris