Colorado Birding

I spent the last 5 days in Colorado for work with the Rocky
Mountain Bird Observatory.  Spent 3 days at the hard to get
in Chico Basin Ranch.  What a birding hot spot.  Saw well
over 100 species including suprisingly 5 life birds.  The
highlight of the trip had to be a Flammulated Owl that was
in Migration and happened to end up in the trees of the
ranch the first morning there.  Also saw 11 species of
Warbler, two species of Oriole, 3 species of Grosbeak, and
plenty of other birds.  THe last two days were at the Great
Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve.  Noteables there
were: Wesern Tanager, Juniper Titmouse, and White-throated
Swift.  Next week I head off to Wyoming as part of the
RMBO's Monitoring Wyoming's Birds Program, if I see anything
worth wild I will leave a post.

Also here are some pics from Chico, they are near the bottom
of the page:
http://www.surfbirds.com/cgi-bin/gallery/display.cgi?gallery=gallery20

Good Birding.

Tim Avery