UCB birders field trip ( Snowy and Semi-palmated Plovers )

 Nine Utah County Birders went on a field trip this morning to the areas around the south end of Utah Lake around Lincoln Beach. We were later joined by our president Reed Stone who was able to help us find a Snowy Plover at Lincoln Beach. Some of the highlights of the trip included The Snowy Plover at Lincoln Beach, then we were able to find two more at Lincoln Point with some Western Sandpipers. We saw nine Semi-palmated Plovers on the beach at the end of River Lane. Other shorebirds we saw were Marbled Godwits at Benjamin Slough, also there was a Long-billed Curlew that flew over. We saw several Cattle Egrets in the fields along the road to Lincoln Beach. There were some migrants at River Lane like Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Lark Sparrow and Chipping Sparrow. The group also saw a Barn Owl on River Lane. Today we tallied over 70 species of birds on our trip. It truly was a wonderful trip. I want to thank everyone that came along for the trip. It was a great time. Below is a list of species we saw on our trip today. Not every species was seen by every person. Sorry if I left out some species.

Western Grebe
Clark's Grebe
American White Pelican
Snowy Egret