Mandarin Ducks seen in Logan

With all this talk of people seeing Mandarin Ducks here and there, I thought I would let you know that I saw a single male and female in the back of my friends house in Logan this past Sunday evening.
We got back from hiking and were sitting out in the backyard having a beer when 2 ducks flew over our heads. They landed on the roof of his neighbors house and I grabbed my binocs and saw that they were positively Mandarins.
99.9% sure that they had escaped from Willow Park, where they do have Mandarins on display.
My friend (who is not a birder), told me that he has seen that pair of Mandarins in his backyard for the past 2 years. He has a canal that runs behind his backyard and he says he has seen baby ducks in there. I assume he saw young Mallards.
What a surprise it would be to find out that the Mandarin pair have been busy raising a little family the last couple of years.
I will check it out over the next few weeks and keep you posted.
I was just looking at the ABA Recording Rules and was reading under Rule 3:
Rule 3: The bird must have been alive, wild, and unrestrained when encountered:

And under part B it states the following:
  • (iii) Birds descendant from escapes or released birds are considered "wild" when they are part of a population which meets the ABA definition of an established introduced population.
  • My question is what is the ABA definition of an established introduced population?? I will search for that, but maybe one of you birding gurus out there would know it off hand.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Stephen Peterson
    Logan, UT

    Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! _______________________________________________ "Utah Birds" web site: http://www.utahbirds.org BirdTalk: To subscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-subscribe@utahbirds.org To unsubscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-unsubscribe@utahbirds.org To send a message, e-mail: birdtalk@utahbirds.org _________________________________________________