Birding Hyrum/Hyrum State Park, 4/21/04 day and night

Hi all

Jill and I birded Hyrum and Hyrum State Park, both this morning and after dinner.  I just love living across the street from a state park with a lake.  Here's what we saw today:

Hyrum/Hyrum State Park, 4/21/2004
Length: 24

Contents:
Common Loon (many)
Western Grebe (many)
Canada Goose
Green-winged Teal
Redhead
Red-breasted Merganser
Osprey
American Kestrel
Prairie Falcon
Sandhill Crane (4)
American Avocet (~100)
Franklin's Gull
California Gull
Caspian Tern (2)
Belted Kingfisher
Black-billed Magpie
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Bank Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee
American Robin
European Starling
Red-winged Blackbird
Western Meadowlark
House Finch

The highlights were the American Avocets that we saw land on the lake and take off and fly over our heads, the Caspian Terns the Bank Swallow, the two Ospreys, the two American Kestrels, the Prairie Falcon, the four Snadhill Cranes that flew over, and of course, the Common (sorry Kris) Loons.

Good birding,
Richard