FW: Bear River today 4-6-04

Birdnet Email -- from the website ----Original Message Follows---- It was submitted by Ken Ringer. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Bear River today 4-6-04

Email_Address: kenringer@earthlink.net

Message: Hello all,

I was at Bear River today and lots of birds as most can imagine. Western Meadowlarks were all over the place, about 40 GBH, 200+ white pelicans, 20 DC Cormorants, lots of Kill-deer, a few Mergansers (Both Red-breasted and common), a few teals, lots of Avocets, 25 or so Long-billed Curlews, The Geese are on the road and should be having there chicks very soon, lots of yellow-headed and red-winged blackbirds, the coots are making nests, 100+ Western Grebes, a few Snowy egrets and one great Egret ( I have never seen a Great Egret this far north), and 4 Sandhills. I?m sure I failed to list some, but lots of birds (and bugs).

Ken Ringer

Submit: Submit