Lee Kay Ponds

I also observed the horned grebe at around noon on Sun. It was
about a third of the way along the westernmost of the ponds, near
the far bank--in the company of two Canada geese. I found a single
snowy egret, though no great egret, but did find one black-crowned
night heron skulking in the reeds near the very end of the last pond
(three gbh's nearby). The number of d-c cormorants in the area was
striking. Also observed a single Brewer's blackbird. It looked as
though the tree nest on the little island that was used by gbh's last
year has now been co-opted by a goose. Lots of activity out there,
and a beautiful day.

Glenda Cotter