Sandhill Cranes over Sandy

Was out building a shed for a customer today at 118th S 12th E in
Sandy-ear plugs in ears.....and STILL was able to hear the eerie
squawkings of 4 Sandhill Cranes working a thermal about 1,000' above
ground. Actually, I didn't know SC's would thermal! What was really going
on though was some kind of mating ritual. I observed some aerial
acrobatics going on with one of the pair. Guy Crane was attacking and Lady
Crane was doing things I didn't know Cranes could do in the air!
Aerobatically speaking, of course.

Amazing moment of truth....in the city....and all for the price of
listening and looking up.

John