Pineview Report

I drove a quick circuit around Pineview Reservoir in Weber County today to check on the Trumpeter Swans.  Two of them (Y01 and Y03) were alone (no Tundras) and back in the inlet of the original sighting--on the northeast side about 1/2 mile south of the Middle Inlet Swim area on UT 162.  I looked hard for a possible carcass of the third swan over the east, west, and north areas, and didn't see it.

Other birds in and around the reservoir:

Common Loon (what's so common about a Common Loon?  I revolt!  It was an Uncommon Loon)
Western Grebe
Common and Red-breasted Mergansers
Canada Geese
A lone Ruddy Duck
Common Goldeneyes
Redheads
Ring-necked Ducks
Lesser Scaups
Mallards
Gull spp
An Osprey on one of the platforms at the North Arm
A Red-tailed Hawk on nest
A Red-tailed Hawk, soaring, with one leg hanging down, useless
Great Blue Herons
Spotted Towhees (audible only)
Black-capped Chickadees whistling their love-whistles
A Northern Flicker drumming his love-drum
American Magpies squawking their love-squawks
American Robins chortling their love-chortles
House Finches warbling their love-warbles

Yesterday, I saw a couple other spring birds I failed to mention--Turkey Vultures over South Ogden and a Savannah Sparrow at Bear River MBR.

Kris