Where are all the snow geese now?

Yesterday afternoon I observed several thousand snow geese in a field
southwest of Corinne. They spooked as we slowed for a better look, so I
assume Ross's geese were also present but did not see any. The birds
seemed to be splitting their time between the fields in Corinne and the
mud flats between the Bear River Gun Club, just east of the main shed on
the Bear River MBR, and the Chesapeake Gun Club on 6800 West, north of
the refuge.

To see the snow geese drive north on I-15 to exit 368, and then west
through Corinne. Stay left at the junction in town. Continue traveling
west until you reach 6800 West. Turn south (left) for about one mile,
before you reach the Chesapeake property. The birds were either in the
mud flats about 800 yards southwest of the road, or in the fields to the
east of the road.

Bear River is starting to pick up but there still are not many waders.
Greater yellowlegs, American avocets, and my first black-necked stilt of
the year were observed. A Franklin's gull was also seen.

Lu Giddings