Scofield Birding

I went and did some birdwatching around Scofield and got to see many beautiful species of birds. I saw a beautiful Wild Turkey very close, dozens of Stellar's Jays and one Clark's Nutcracker. The first Cassin's Finches of the year for me were seen in the town of Scofield on every tree top it seemed. Also saw several Common Snipe near the town. There were plenty of Pine Siskens which seem to be a rare sight so far this year for me. The resivoir was still mostly frozen over except for a very small area near the inflow near the town of Scofield. There were Common Mergansers, Canada Geese and Mallards in the area. There was a beautiful Golden Eagle soaring around as well. Other mountain birds like Red-breasted Nuthatch, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Black-capped and Mountain Chickadees were quite active. There were also a good number of Mountain Bluebirds up in the area. All together the little area around the town produced about 25 species. Plus it was beautiful up there. Great weather.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?