Snowy Plover

My dad and I went up to the Antelope Island Causeway today. The biggest surprise was a Snowy Plover! Here's a list of the causeway birds:

Northern Shoveler - 3
LONG-TAILED DUCK - 2 at the second bridge
Bufflehead ~ 40
Common Goldeneye ~ 40
BARROW'S GOLDENEYE - 2 females at the second bridge
Least Sandpiper - 14 scattered about
SNOWY PLOVER - 1 - It was about 200 yards to the east of the weather station (on the north side). I thought I remember someone reporting a flock of these fairly late in the fall so maybe this shouldn't be that surprising?
American Kestrel - 2
Horned Lark ~ 10
Common Raven - 2

Also, there was a Virginia Rail foraging in the mud 2 out of the 3 times I walked down into the spring area at Garr Ranch.

Colby