Bountiful Dump

I spent a couple of hours sifting through the gulls at the Bountiful Dump today. I ended up seeing the following:

Ring-billed Gull - 1000's
California Gull - 100's
Herring Gull - 100's of all ages
Thayer's Gull - several first winter birds and a couple of adults
Glaucous Gull - 1 adult
Glaucous-winged/Western Hybrid - 1 second winter - had a mostly dark bill with a pale area beginning to appear near the base (especially on the lower mandible), light gray mantle, and the head, coverts, tertials and primaries were dirty brown.
Glaucous-winged Gull type (pure?) - 1 first winter - the bird had a large gony angle and a mostly dark bill, the head was paler than the rest of the body with the scapulars, coverts and tertials containing a pattern similar (but a little more worn and muddy overall) to the very bottom bird at the following website: http://www.amazilia.net/images/Birds/Gulls/GlaucouswingGull.htm It did not appear that the primaries were any darker than the scapulars, coverts and tertials, which suggests that the bird in question may have only Glaucous-winged Gull genes in its blood.

Does anyone know when a second winter Lesser Black-backed Gull obtains its slate gray mantle or how long a LBBG can retain brown scapular feathers from its previous molt?

Colby