St. George Thursday

I went down to St. George Wednesday night to spend the day birding on Thurday.  I started the day at Quail Creek hoping for a loon but no luck.  Lots of Coots, Common Goldeneyes, Shovelers, a couple of Hooded and Common Mergansers.
Then I went down to South Gate Golf Course. A Great Egret at the pond, along with a White pelican, and some escapee Swan, lots of A. Wigeons, Ring-necked and Coots. Flickers, 2 Ladder-backed Woodpeckers.  Yellow-rumped Warbler, ABERT'S TOWHEE, lots of White-crowned sparrows but nothing mixed in with them.  Then I walked over the bent fence at the end of the Golf course and walk along the Virgin River Parkway Just past this right turn little sign I saw a Bewicks wren, Canyon Wren and a Road Runner.  Bewick's Wrens are also found near the I-15 bridge.
At Red Hill Golf Course I found Juniper Titmouse, Canyon Wren, BENDIRE's THRASHER on the hill side by hole #5 easiest access from hole #5 tee. The COMMON MOORHEN was by the Trees closest to the pond. Northern Mockingbird at the cattails in the pond closest to the club house.  Hermit Thrush in the thicket. Blac-Phoebe flying over the pond.  A Swan with a black head is in the Red Hills Golf course pond.
Then coming home at mile marker 42 on I-15 this Dark morph Ferruginous Hawk tried to trip me into thinking it was a Zone-tailed the truck driver behind me was not too happy :P. Good thing I have my sticker.

I have to see how my pictues turned out but I may be sending a few in.

Good Birding

Ed