Tooele CBC

Today a grand total of 3 of us went out to do the Christmas Bird Count in Tooele. It was Eric Huish, Bruce Robinson and myself. Thanks to both of them for helping out. It was snowing all day in Tooele, and very cold with over 2 feet of snow on the ground making birding quite a challange. We did manage to see a total of 40 birds. If anyone ever wants to see Pinyon Jays, I recommend going to the town of Stockton and checking out the local feeders, or just driving around town. There are a lot of them. Also we were surprised to get four species of waterfowl. There is very little water in the count circle, and most of what water there is, it was frozen. Also much of the area was not accessable due to weather conditions, and road conditions. So mountain areas were not accessed. Below is a list of our forty birds. Hope to see some more people out to it next year. Thanks again Bruce and Eric

KC Childs

Canada Goose
Mallard
Lesser Scaup