Bear River/Lapland Longspur

I took a ride out to Bear River MBR today despite the howling wind.  The
roads were drifting in places but passable.  We didn't find many different
species but there were lots of birds everywhere.  There were thousands of
Horned Larks along the roads through and before the refuge.  About one
mile east of the Refuge entrance we saw a Lapland Longspur in one of the
flocks.  Gulls weren't terribly numerous and included two Bonaparte's
Gulls and eleven Herring Gulls, two first year, one second year, the rest
adults.

Cliff Weisse
october@ida.net