Winter Action

With all of this snow the birds don't have a place to hide and the raptors appear to be making the best of it. Yesterday while digging coworkers' cars out of the parking lot in SLC I saw a Merlin chase down and catch a House Finch right in front of me "My Kingdom for my camera".  The Merlin made the finch into a very quick snack finishing his meal in about 2 mins.  Later that afternoon I saw the same Merlin with yet another bird in its talons.

With all of this snow the birds have to rely on feeder I've never had so many at my feeders.  This snow is great. I just hope I can dig my car out tomorrow so I can go to work.

Good Briding

Ed