Lincoln Sparrow, other birds Utah Lake area

Eric Huish and I went out birding today. We went to Utah Lake State Park and the Provo Airport Dike in Utah County. Unlike most of the Wasatch Front the Provo area only recieved about 2 to 3 inches of snow. So birdwatching conditions were great. At Utah Lake State Park on the south jetty we found a very very bright Orange-crowned Warbler. It was beautiful too see, along with 5 Bald Eagles at the state park. Next along the Airport Dike among the masses of White Crowned Sparrows we found one Lincoln's Sparrow. We searched hard for others sparrows, but were unable to locate any. But they could possibly be out there. We did see over 100 White-crowned Sparrows. Also along the dike and at the Utah Lake State Park we saw several American Tree Sparrows. Below for those intrested are the birds we saw at each location. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

KC Childs

Airport Dike

Great Blue Heron 3

Bald Eagle 1