hermit thrush, Townsend's Solitaire, Bushtit, Pinyon Jays, Golden Eagles

Birds of note 10-12-03

Tooele County    Clover Springs    Hermit Thrush (1)
                                   Townsend's Solitaire (4)
                                   Ruby-crowned Kinglets (several)
Tooele County    Ophir             Red-tailed Hawk (1)
                                   Pinyon Jays (whole party of laughing
jays)
                                   Western Scrub Jays (few)
Tooele County    Mercur Canyon     Bushtits (apx. 100 all whispering and
chirping to each other)
                                   Pinyon Jays (about 20 still telling
their                                     jokes- What a hilarious bird)
Utah County      Ut 73             Golden Eagles (5- I'm not sure if we
were in                                     Utah or Tooele County at
this point)

Hardly a bird was at James Walter Fitzgerald WMA in Tooele County.  It's
nearly dry.  We stopped there on the way home so it was late in the day.