Fwd: Fish Springs, 9-19-03

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
It was submitted by Julie

Subject: Fish Springs, 9-19-03

Message: Kent Lewis, Pomera Fronce, Glenn Barlow and I birded Fish Springs today. We didn't find anything rare, but it was fun anyway. Around the residential area
(they want you to get permission before birding this area--local phone # from Salt Lake is 522-5353) we found McGillivray's, Orange-crowned, and Yellow-rumped Warblers, Cordilleran and Willow Flycatchers, Sharp-shinned and Cooper's Hawks, Red-naped Sapsucker and Townsend's Solitaire; Chukars near the entrance; a Great Horned Owl in the picnic area and Lincloln's Sparrows, too; Snowy Egrets, Black-crowned Night Herons, Rock Wren, Savannah Sparrows on the tour route. The ducks are coming in but are still mostly in eclipse plummage. We stopped at Fitzgerald WMA to look for the Reddish Egret but didn't see it. The Great Egret was there.

Good birding y'all,
Julie