Cooper's Hawk

Hi,

I need to have Kris embellish this report to make it long enough and more interesting. I am trying to catch up on yard work that I didn't do this summer. Too Hot. While taking a break, one of many, I was sitting watching the birds hurrying to eat while I was inside. I had Scrub Jays, Mourning Doves, House Finches and Magpies at my platform feeders. A Cooper's Hawk came through at full bore and scattered all the birds except the Magpies. I don't think he had targeted anything in particular. I say this because I jumped up and got over to the sliding glass door to see if he had caught anything. He then came back through slowly looking for any casualties from his strafing attack. I am sure most people that feed birds have seen this behavior, but this time I was looking right at it. It made for a good break anyway.   Jack