White's Valley and Lucin

Greetings!

Julie, Kent and I headed out on Friday hoping to see Gray Partridge, Sharp-tailed Grouse and anything else that was willing to show itself.  We were not disappointed.  We hadn't driven but a couple of miles into White's Valley when a covey of about 15 Gray Partridge ran across the road right in front of us.  Just before we got to the area with the two silos, we woke up a Burrowing Owl that showed his agitation by alternately bobbing and barking.  Near the silos, we saw maybe a dozen Sharp-tailed Grouse flushed by the coursing of the Northern Harriers.  On the way out, we saw another large covey of partridge.

On the way to Lucin, we saw Ferruginous Hawks.  Lucin itself did not yield many birds, but the ones we saw were great!  Along with a few sparrows and warblers, we found a Winter Wren and a Long-eared Owl.  We also checked out Owl and Rabbit Springs which were also quiet due in part to the very windy conditions.

Pomera