get raingear ready

Hi,

I went chasing the Short-eared Owl again today. I got some directions from Glenn and was to meet Pomera at the location. I did the owl dance as soon as I got on the road. Pomera was a little late, and I got to do the owl victory dance without any witnesses. I was a little early so I drove very slowly to the silos. (White's Valley) Just before finding the owl, a Gray Partridge with a chick ran down the road before disappearing into the safflower. Then I saw two skunks run into a culvert under the road, and just down the road was the elusive owl eating a mouse. I went on and waited for Pomera. My dance must have had a little of the Sharp-tailed Grouse steps in it because within ten minutes we scared up a half dozen grouse. We will have to see if finding the owl cancels out the rain part of the dance. Thanks to all.     Jack