Capitol Reef National Park

Greetings!

Dana Green and I birded Capitol Reef National Park earlier this week.  We first went to Garfield County to look for the Acorn Woodpecker and were delighted to find him right in the same location where he has been seen for so many months.  We found many other good birds along Highway 12 including Western and Mountain Bluebirds, Grace's Warblers, Clark's Nutcrackers and three male Williamson's Sapsuckers (at the Wild Cat Visitors' Center).

There were many great birds in Capitol Reef as well including Ash-throated, Cordilleran, Gray and Willow Flycatchers, Yellow-breasted Chats, Juniper Titmouse, White-thoated Swifts, Black-throated Gray Warblers, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and a beautiful Black-throated Sparrow.

Pomera