Long Eared Owl-Utah County Birding

Eric Huish and I headed out to bird this morning. Are first stop was at Goshen Bay, where we saw at least two Male BOBOLINKS and maybe three. Also we had Sandhill Cranes, Long Billed Curlews, Savanah Sparrow and some more shorebirds. We then stopped by Elberta and saw a BURROWING OWL. On our way to the turn off of Chimney Rock Road we saw another Burrowing Owl right by the turn off purched on a fence wire. On Chimney Rock Road we saw Black Throated Sparrows, Sage Thrashers and a Northern Mockingbird. In the Tintic Mountains ( Utah County side ) we saw many good species as well. We saw Pinyon Jays, Dusky Flycaters, Plumbeous Vireos, Juniper TItmice, Green Tailed Towhee and Warbling Vireo to name a few. We also saw three fledgling LONG-EARED OWLS. I saw the adult breifly. This was a life bird for me. It was a fabulous day of birding. We got all our target species except for the Gray Flycatcher. Hope everyone is enjoying your summer.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?