Heber Valley

Sunday we got to see lots of bobolinks in the Heber Valley fields along with
a group of four western tanagers, nesting mountain bluebirds, snipes,
phalaropes, cranes and a sora (we didn't actually see the sora--we heard it
calling from the water-soaked field).
There was a dipper trying to deal with the overwhelming currents of the
spring runoff in Rock Cliff at Jordanelle.  We also saw a spotted sandpiper,
waxwings  and an a wren (unidentifiable.)  The ranger told us one of the
Osprey nesting platforms lost the battle of the currents this week and fell
over (eggs lost)--the nesting pair moved to another platform.
We saw a red-naped sapsucker in the South Fork of Provo Canyon.  About 50
species for the day.
Also, today (Monday) there were two McGillivray's warblers hanging around
singing to each other in my locust tree in Taylorsville.
Carol Davis