Red-throated Loon

The Red-throated Loon was still on Hyrum Reservoir this morning, April 27, amongst the hundreds of Western and Clark's Grebes on the west end.  It appeared to us to be a first summer bird, as shown in Sibley.  According to the state records on the Utah Birds web site, this is only the fourth sighting of Red-throated Loon in Utah.  The three previous records are from Bear River MBR (1973), Hite Marina (1984), and Quail Creek Reservoir (2001).
As for the Red-necked Grebe, we couldn't find it.

We did find 4 Dunlins along the south side of the Antelope Island Causeway.  On the mudflats just northwest of the Causeway entrance station were a dozen Baird's Sandpipers and another Dunlin.

Joel and Kathy Beyer