Antelope Island Causeway (Davis Co.)

I woke up this morning and heard the siren of Antelope
Island calling me!!  I'm glad I listened to it!!
I encountered Steve And Cindy Sommerfeld, Dave
Hascomb, and Carol and Nikki Davis along the Causeway,
and we joined forces searching out the birds. There
were 3 Dunlin between mile markers 3 and 4.  They were
mixed in amongst the many, many Western Sanderlings
that seemed to be everyewhere.
Near the Visitor Center we found a lone Chukar playing
sentinel over the rocky hillside.
I had to leave at this point, and as I was heading
east along the Causeway I came across Pomre Fronce.
She asked if I had seen the Black Bellied Plover, but
I had not, and she showed me where one was.  I
returned the favor by showing her what I thought at
first was a Long Billed Curlew, but it didn't look
right.  It had a very definite median strip down the
middle of it's crown.  Not a Curlew, but a Wimbrel.
Got some excellent looks at it and followed it down to
the 2nd bridge, when I had to leave and head for home.
Great morning birding!!
Bird and Live Well!!
Bruce