Fwd: Henefer Lek

Subject: Henefer Lek

I led a Wasatch Audubon trip to the lek south of Henefer today.
There were 16 males struting. We watched them for about an hour. A fog moved in and made it difficult to see. From there we went to East Canyon. There wer about 70 Common Loon on the water. Six of them flew across the water. That is more than any of had seen fly in our life time. It was really neat because they were calling to each other. On the Morgan Sewage Ponds we saw a Greater Yellowlegs. Also there were a lot of Chorus Frogs calling. We found on in a spotting scope.

Les Talbot - WAS Fieldtrip Chair
Email_Address: tlrtalbot@aol.com