Saturday Sightings

I know a lot of you were out birding today, because I ran into some of you!
It was NOT a good day to visit Antelope Island.  There was a bike race going
on, with about 40,000 bikers.  OK, so I exaggerate some.  I birded from
Farmington Bay north to Logan today, and there were a lot of new arrivals  -
calling willets, snowy egret, the burrowing owls that Bob Huntington
reported, baby great horned owls, western grebes doing some of their
courtship rituals at Mantua, and common loons right by the dam, only a few
feet under my nose, at Hyrum Reservoir.  The wind today tested both balance
and the Bogen tripod, but all in all, it was a great day.  Ah, spring!
Isn't this why we bird?  Carol Gwynn