South Shore

The South Shore isn't nearly as glamorous as Bear River, but I like it anyway.

I went out today around 11:00 along the Marina road - there's a LOT of beach out there!  In the pond near Salt Air was both Barrow's and Common golden eye and 10 or so eared grebes and a killdeer.  Along the beach were CA Gulls.  Nearer to the Marina were Avocets, Black-necked Stilts, mallard and a willet on the beach.  In the Marina pond were coot, ruddies, geese and more golden eye.  Not more than 100 birds all totaled.  Beautiful though.

I stopped and looked over at the Kennecott "I-80 Pond" across from the Marina and am pretty sure I saw a pair of common merganser, along with ~50 gull, 5 pair of geese, duck sp. (probably Shoveler) and I think some more eared grebe.  It's a loooong look across I-80.

Going east on the frontage road where Lee Creek goes under I-80/Frontage Road looking north into the ISSR were GW Teal, Mallard, Pintails, Shovelers, Gadwall, a couple of wigeon, Avocet, Pelican, and a curlew waaaay at the back.

All the best birding,
Ann Neville