Reservoir Birding

After viewing the Sage Grouse lek Tuesday morning, Bob Huntington and I birded East Canyon, Echo, Rockport and Jordanelle.  There was a nice assortment of ducks on all the reservoirs including all three Mergansers at East Canyon.  The Great Blue Herons had returned to the rookeries near Henefer and there were many Sandhill Cranes out and about.  We saw Mountain Bluebirds near the ranger's house at Rockport State Park.  Our most unusual bird of the day was a Harris's Sparrow just west of the Coalville Exit #164 near the river.

Pomera