birding class Wednesday, March 26th at Kennecott Nature Center

Birds of the Jordan River and Great Salt Lake

Instructor: Terry Sadler

Classroom Session: 7:00 PM on Wednesday, March 26

Field Trip: 8:00 ? 10:00 AM; Saturday, March 29

Place: Kennecott Nature Center, 5044 S Lucky Clover Lane, Murray

What birds utilize the lowland riparian habitat along the Jordan River and the greater GSL ecosystem? In which seasons are they likely to be seen? Terry Sadler is an expert birder who frequently goes birding along the Jordan River and photographs the birds he sees. He has written an annotated checklist for the Jordan River Parkway and has taught many birding classes. Come learn more about the birds in our own valley.

     Directions to Kennecott Nature Center: From 5300 S. drive north on 700 West and then Glendon Way (700 W splits into Glendon Way & Murray Blvd). Turn west at the 4-way stop on Germania; Turn north onto Lucky Clover Dr.

Terry is teaching this class to share his enthusiasm and knowledge of birds along the Jordan River, to highlight the Kennecott Nature Center facility, and to help GSL Audubon with a mini-fundraiser. The cost is $5.00/person for Audubon members and $10.00/person for nonmembers. All are welcome.

I'd appreciate an emailed message if you plan to attend, but that isn't absolutely necessary. Hope to see many of you there.

Deedee O'Brien

Great Salt Lake Audubon