Slight change in the birdnet

Greetings,

In order to create a better resource for finding the more
highly-sought-after bird species in Utah, we've expanded the birdnet
so that we have a one section for "hotline sightings" and another for
"birder information and discussion."  Everyone who has signed up for
the "Birdnet" is also on the new "BirdTalk" list.  (If you would like
to unsubscribe from one list or the other, just send an e-mail to the
appropriate e-mail address found at the bottom of each e-mail you
receive from that particular list).  I hope that the slightly more
complex system will result in a more efficient flow of information
about the birds and birding in Utah.  Following is a brief description
of the how to use the two divisions of the statewide birdnet system:

Birdnet (birdnet@utahbirds.org)  ** mostly about the birds **
Please use the "Birdnet Hotline" to report rare or unusual bird
sightings and to communicate about these sightings. Information about
a particular species of bird that has been seen.The write up sent in
by Steve Summers about the spread of the Eurasian Collared-Dove would
be an example of a desirable submission to this list.  (The messages
sent to this list serve will be archived, creating a permanent record
of bird sightings in Utah that can be easily searched to find a
specific bird species).

Bird Talk (birdtalk@utahbirds.org) ** mostly about birding **
Please use the "Bird Talk" list for field trip reports, announcements
of birding events, relating interesting birding experiences,
discussions and requests related to birding. (Hopefully birders will
feel a little more free to ask questions and report about birding
activities, programs and events).

Because of a wide diversity of birders using the birdnet system, it
would be good to remember to be tolerant of those who don't quite "do
it right."  The new system will probably not work perfectly, but
hopefully it will better fit the needs of the birders around the
state.

Thanks,
Milton Moody
utahbirds.org webmaster